Friday, June 15, 2012

How to be frugal...

FREE WOOD!!! (Your not seeing the other cabinet)
I went dumpster diving today, and walked out with a couple bucks worth of free wood and some free cabinets! I think at least one of the cabinets will go inside the chicken coop to put the chicken feed inside off the ground away from rodents and the prying beaks of the chickens trying to get a midnight snack.

The wood is a whole bunch of 2x4's that have nails in them from a demolition job (no worries I had permission to take it) so a new project is taking out all the nails! With some of the wood, I plan on making the farmers two year old a little house for her to play in, and when she grows out of it, it can be used as a turkey house or some other small enclosure for a farm animal in the future! And, Ill have plenty of wood to spare, so also plan on making a nice little tool shed for the garden tools to go in!

The other cabinets will get used for storage in the garage and I think we plan on putting one in the basement laundry area for detergent storage and whatnot. The best part, is that the demo job is only half way through, so I should be getting another truck load soon!

Couldn't believe how behaved she was,
 and yes, I did it sitting on the ground! (bad Dave)
Another way I am trying to be more froogle is now I plan on using my free time to take care of my own dogs grooming. I went onto Amazon.com and bought a $50 pair of animal clippers. Every time I take my dog to the groomer it is always over 50$ plus tip, so now that I have used it the first time, every time I shave down my dog in the future, its FREE! Wahhooo!!!  I know, its not a professional job, but really, Cheyenne is in the country right now, she isn't trying to win any beauty contest, and she already won over my heart and thats all that matters.

Anyone need hair for a wig?
She used to be a Boykin, now shes a Lab.. I DID GOOD! :)
I have to admit, I need to give out credit where it is due... Thank you to all of Cheyennes previous groomers! Last time I tried cutting her hair,(like six years ago) I got the first paw done, and quite, because she wanted nothing to do with it. Today, she just sat there, wagging her tail, acting like it was just another day at the park as I shaved her down. That is a complete 180 from what I remember, so again, thank you to everyone that has ever groomed Cheyenne! After I was done, I could not believe the amount of hair that was on the ground. I almost feel bad that she was lugging around that much of a coat in this hot weather, now, I am possitive she will be much cooler. As for me and my newest hobby of dog grooming... I think I did alright for never doing it before in my life. She wont win the purina dog show contest for best coat, but she doesnt look bad, and definiatly not as bad as I have seen of other non professionals who have attempted to save money by grooming their own dog!

My first Watermelon!






 As I was weeding the garden yesterday, I found a WATERMELON!! Finally, something is going alright in there. I continued on and found about five more about the size of my thumbnail..lol.. but its a start, and the big one is about two times the size of a golf ball. Who knows, I might still get something cool out of the garden this year after all!!

The Goats using their barn... and its not raining! Baby steps, baby steps!

Fun for the goats... and the two year old likes the teeter-totter too!

This picture so doesn't do this sunset justice, it was awesome.

Wanna know how to do the rooster dance?
The rooster dance goes a little like this!  "Haven't you heard?... the bird is the word!... bird bird bird, bid is the word, bird bird bird, bird is the word, everyone has heard that the bird is the word, haven't you heard that the bird is the word?" <- Thanks Family Guy
This guy has not heard that the bird is the word. This is actually the other rooster, and is too friendly, gonna miss him when he is gone.
Tonight's sunset
Han and Leia sitting in a tree, k.i.s.s.i.n.g, first comes love, then comes marriage, now give me a baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate feedback! Thank you for reading!

~Big Dave!