Saturday, June 2, 2012

Goat Barn update

The picturesque setting for a nice little goat barn!
With a little help from the farm owner, we got the Goat barn out to its final resting place. Never to be moved again!! Since then, I have been cutting, drilling, and pounding away till I got to a stopping point today. I really could have finished the walls, but then what would I have done tomorrow? Can't do the roof, cause I haven't gone into town to get the three pieces of wood I need for it (and they are closed Sunday's). All in all it looks exactly like what I pictured in my head. Both of my structures with their simple roof design makes me think about the Android carrier things the sand people from Star Wars use (episode 4 for the ones who have no idea what I'm talking about).

One wall done! Three more to go!

Piece by piece it comes together. It will look awesome once its done.

Got a little further than this before I called it quits for the day. But was stoked to know I only have a few boards left of siding and a roof to put on untill it is complete, then its another project in the bag!

Decided to build a wooden gate for the barn yard today. All it needs now are hinges and a lock! Went with a double gate door idea where both open. One is 6ft and the other is 4ft. I think they look pretty sweet!
Saw this beetle molting in the yard, looked cool so snapped a shot
So it looks kinda infected... but I am sure it is on the "road to recovery" :)
Went out to breakfast and ordered 2 biscuits and gravy and a side of Hash-browns. I cancelled the second biscuit when I saw one go by me! Those thing were HUGE, and the side of Hash-browns were no joke either (and no, I didn't even come close to finishing it)


2 comments:

  1. Dr. Al from Bayside here. Been enjoying your voyage. The goats are a great idea. Truly wonderful creatures. But guineas??? Do you KNOW how loud they are? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Doc! Glad your reading the blog!
      Bayside Veterinary Clinic is AWESOME!

      Yeah, I am stoked about the goats. The farm I visited (read the newest blog post) had full grown guineas and they too warned me about how they are like an alarm system! I didn't realize how big they get too, so I am sure this will still turn out to be a real interesting summer!

      Delete

I always appreciate feedback! Thank you for reading!

~Big Dave!