Thursday, August 16, 2012

Real quick update

Just wanted to announce that the Front Yard Garden in Quebec actually won their City Council case, and were given the opportunity to be sitting advisors on the new commitee to re-write the cities ordinance codes plus they are allowed to keep their garden intact! They showed up with over 35,000 signatures on their petition (they were only trying to get 5,000 originally)!!!

So, for now I have to eat my words, people can still make small changes at a local level (at least in Canada) in government! And I am glad that they can! It gives me hope that all the letters I write to my "elected officials" at all levels of Government might actually get read from time to time.

If you would like to read the blog of this fine couple and see how their story developed from a citation to a John Lennon/Yoko Ono themed movement you can visit their blog by clicking here, or go to website...
http://www.lepotagerurbain.com/
 (its all in French, but they have a build in translation button on the page)


Back at the homestead, we are having a small system of developing thunderstorms starting to roll through, but still, again, all thunder, no rain... yet! We will keep waiting and prayen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate feedback! Thank you for reading!

~Big Dave!