Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Circus came to town!

1 ring circus, 1 large tent!
The Circus came to town today and we went and checked it out. In Virginia Beach, we have the big one, Barnum and Baileys 3 ring craziness. Its huge, lots of clowns, lots of action, things going on in one ring, while another act is doing its thing in another... not this circus.

Its a one ring circus, with 2 clowns, 4 elephants, 3 camels, 1 zebra, 5 tigers, some ponies and dogs, and I wouldn't have changed a thing! Everyone had their own act and also participated in everyone else's acts too. For example- one guy would be a "world acclaimed juggler" and the next thing you know he is sword fighting a pirate in a different bit. All and all it was actually a really good time. I went in expecting it to be pretty lame and bad, but left actually thinking we got the moneys worth. As far as the toddler goes.... I have never seen her so happy and animated. Plus, she was enthralled the entire time and clapping... the same kid cant go ten minutes of watching a Pixar movie before her attention span goes elsewhere! A lot of people are froogle, and I usually am, but for an extra 2 dollars you could sit ring side... so I upgraded the tickets, I think it was well worth it too. Ill let the pictures do the talking tonight! Enjoy! I did! :)

This elephant looked at you in the eyes!

Ring master and 1 of the 2 clowns

I love the tigers!

My favorite part...right before they maul the handler :P

Oh yeah, the circus had performing dogs too

aaaarrrrgggg... walk the plank... or wobble board!

Your eyes are right, 2 camels and a zebra.. why not?


The world famous juggler, didn't drop one item!

Nice to be in the front row!



Elephant- "Uh, Doc.. I think I might have a tumor!"

This elephant was like 5 feet away from me

Hooray for animals!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Dave.... those poor animals!! May all beings everywhere be happy and free and may the thoughts and actions of our own lives contribute to that happiness and freedom for all.
    Love,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate feedback! Thank you for reading!

~Big Dave!