Saturday, April 14, 2012

Garage sale time in the country

So, apparently instead of having a garage sale whenever you would like, around here they do community wide garage sales. Yesterday was Salem's (40 minutes away) community garage sale, next week is Hardy (30 minutes away), and there are other community wide garage sales going on in between including Mammoth Springs which is set for the next week or two, I cant remember.

I went to the one in Salem yesterday looking for lawn equipment and stuff I could use out here. It was held at the county fair ground, so I was expecting it to be huge. Well, it wasn't, the fair grounds weren't even that big. Went inside the event hall to see that all the booths weren't even sold out. And the ones that were, were peddling mostly useless junk. But I did find some gems out of the deal. I supported the local fire department by buying a pecan pie. Cost was $10, which I feel was a lil' high, especially being in the country, but thought it might be good to help out the fire department in case I ever need them to help me out! Also got a few other things, like two things of home made jelly- $5, a birdhouse gourd plant (since mine didn't even come up from my seedlings) for $2. An antique milk can- $15. A large old chicken feeder- $10, and a Black and Decker ground scratcher thing- $5. Along with that, I had my first BBQ since I got here ($5 platter), and was pleased to find they don't smoother it in BBQ sauce as I prefer to dress my BBQ up the way I like. All in all it was a waste of a morning, but still fun and got to meet more of the surrounding community, so I cant call it a total waste. Today, I am going back into town to Hardy to check out a few of the stores they have there including a ceramic studio that is supposedly looking for some part time work, might be nice to get back into ceramics, who knows. :) Till next time.

My garage sale "haul"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate feedback! Thank you for reading!

~Big Dave!