Sunday, May 27, 2012

Everyday farm life

Might try this style of blogging out from time to time since my pics NEVER line up with my stupid story and I tend to ramble and ramble and ramble. :P

Enjoy some pictures from the farm. :)

Chickens want some camera time, so here ya go.

A Chickens perspective

Freedom lies beyond the light... or maybe a Hawk...

First came the  "Pig Butts" painting from Big Dave, I think this might be the next one. "Chicken butts" What? you don't know about "Pig Butts"? Then you don't know the art side of Big Dave... and that's unfortunate.

Coming up for air!!! The two chicks on the left were just eating away the whole entire time I was taking shots, seriously scroll up and see for yourself... THIS IS PROOF WORLD!!! I provide photographic evidence, if you eat all day, every day, you will get fat, and unfortunately will have a short life.

I predict that the Guineas are going to die from either exhaustion or concussions... definitely not hawks. They are the FASTEST little creatures on feet in the bird land it seems.. and they are only four days old! They run around so fast and in random, zig zag, and circular mayhem filled patterns, which is hilarious because its not synchronized... meaning.. they run into each other all the time and fall over, like little kids on the playground, and then just get back right up and take off again... its just funny watching them. Of course after all that running, they were down for the count!

Look its another sunset! How original!

Lets take a shot with the sun next to the tree now... that may be a keeper...

Now another meshed together... that's the one.. yep. :P

So I thought this was a really long night crawler, but when I picked it up to get it out of the driveway, it totally had a belly of a snake!  It was really wriggling around so I couldn't get a good look at it or another picture before it literally slid itself right out of my hands and into the woods... weird night crawler/snake hybrid thingamajig.

I come back from walking down to get the mail and thought my coop was on fire for a split second! I had just put hay down on the floor. But it was just the heat light for the baby Guineas... phew!

From the front, it looked like a ghost was wondering around the chicken coop!

Oh the genius of Dave! :P  Hopefully, this is a home made chicken plucker. Insert it into a drill and turn it on, supposedly the rubber will grab the scalded feathers of the chicken and pull them out with ease! Or so Youtube says... Hopefully it'll work and I won't look like a fool, considering I already told my neighbors I was building one, now the pressure is on! (Patent pending)


Newest addition to the farm life! 4 or 5 little birds... should have been 3 lil' birds for a sweet Bob Marley reference, but I wont alter nature, but regardless, they remind me that everything is going to be alright in the world! They have the BIGGEST mouths always either open waiting for food, or chirping... right on the front porch where I sit. Only a matter of time before I start getting dive bombed by mom:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate feedback! Thank you for reading!

~Big Dave!