Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mothers Day!

Squash
I was wondering through the garden and found a few squash and watermelon plants that have flowers on them! I am obviously excited about it, but wish they were a little bit more developed. I have decided to not pluck off the flowers just in case this will be the only time it tries to produce anything. So, who knows, I may have some mini squash and melons soon!

My "appetizer" salad mix
I went around and tried to be healthy so grabbed up an appetizer salad out of my struggling lettuce beds. Even after washing the lettuce, it tasted like dirt with a strong hint of sourness. But, like a good Mother always says, EAT YOUR VEGGIES... so I managed to get it down. Hopefully the next salad will be a bit more mature and the bitterness will be gone.

The Orchard. 5 yrs from now, watch out! Plenty of fruit then!
Between the farm owners and myself we have planted the entire Orchard...in Pots. It consists of a butt load of different trees ranging from apple, pear, orange, lemon, lime, peach, and cherry plus more, including walnut, pecan, and other nut trees. I think their are over thirty something trees of different varieties. Only bummer part of the orchard is that they are littereally twigs right now. It will take years to see any return on these, so maybe when I come back to visit I will get an apple out of the deal. :) But for now, I have them in pots in a circle for easy watering on the front lawn. One chore soon will be to find out where to plant all of these wonderful plants. Some are full size (like the nut trees) so finding areas to plant all of these will be a fun challenge. For now, though, they are in pots re-rooting and forming leaves.

To all the Mothers out there. I wish you a very happy Mothers Day! Without you, guys like me wouldn't be here, and I don't forget that! Thank you for making life possible and chugging along with the ups and downs of motherhood! Men are only a small factor in insuring the human species goes on, without the love of a Mother, the world would die.

Watermelon looking like it is wanting to produce!


Will it be delicious?

Ummmnn... no, taste like bitter dirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate feedback! Thank you for reading!

~Big Dave!