Tuesday, May 1, 2012

How to build a raised garden bed

So we got some more plants in the mail, 3 types of strawberries (roots), black berries. blue berries, sea berries, 3 kiwi vines, and a few other plants including a lemon, lime, orange, and tangerine tree too. All of these items are still at their infant stage of life so far, so they are all just planted in pots for the time being. But, looking ahead for the future of the farm here, I have made 5 raised garden boxes, and because I am so awesome, I decided to show you step by step how to make one! I would say you have to be an extreme 11th degree black belt carpenter to make one, but I still challenge you to give it a shot, and if you succeed in making it, fill it with dirt and some sort of seed and see what grows! Just follow my extensive and well thought out plans to the "T" and you too can enjoy the benefits of a raised garden bed!
Step 1- Get 2- 2x12x12's and shave off 2' on both (save pieces)
Step 2- Take 2 pieces and join them at a 90 degree angle with screws


Step 3- Repeat with another piece of wood to start shaping the form of a  "box"
Final step- flip over or go to other end and finish the box with more screws! YOUR DONE!!!
These chicks will not die from starvation!
As for the Chicks, they are still chirping and waddling around alright, so we will just keep an eye on them and hope they continue on the path to being crazy cool birds that will continue to be fun to keep.

Small little guy
I accidentally pulled up a radish today working the ground for retrying Carrots. It was small, but still full of flavor and love. It was also the first edible thing I have grown from seed in this state. So that is always an honor! The other plants look pretty much the same as heir most recent pictures... except the Yellow Squash and Corn may have grown a few inches.





But still Delicious!

Farm owners bought a bunch of lady bugs for my garden... more for their toddler (who LOVED them)

I liked all the pics I took of the Sunset tonight

So you get all three!

Good night! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate feedback! Thank you for reading!

~Big Dave!