Wednesday, March 21, 2012

T-posts are in my blood now!


Fence posts galore!
1 side of the large yard fence.
I have finished fencing in the garden! It was nice to be done with that and sit back and just look at the accomplishment of the day. Surprisingly throughout the whole ordeal of driving in all the t-posts my shoulders have been alright! Must be from all the massaging I was doing that got my arms prepared for that abuse.

Speaking about abuse, I have driven in the rest of the T-posts around the big main yard too, but still need to put the fencing part up for that one. I would be done with it, but it has been raining its butt off for the past 24 hours!  Did I reach enlightenment driving in the t-posts?... nope. But, definitely found a great since of accomplishment after I drove in the final one!

I made the brooding nest for the baby chicks and am currently reviewing plans for the chicken coop right now. I need to get that built up to a somewhat enclosed point soon before my chicks arrive, so that is priority number one. My carpentry skills are definitely a little rusty, I went through two drill bits just making pilot holes for some screws, and also had some hard times just making the basic frame for the brood... but, I suppose I will get better (and quickly) as I prepare to make an entire coop from the ground up!!
1 baby chicken brood

I got my Potatoes and peas put in two days ago, and today I am starting my seeds for the tomato's and peppers along with all the melons too.

So, yeah, busy busy busy me. On top of all of that, we have made some essential oil sprays (gotta love the massage therapist background for that!) to spray on Cheyenne and also myself to help repel bugs and ticks! If they really work out nice, then you can expect them to be for sale soon in Daves farmers market...lol.

These 5 repel ticks supposedly! (I am combining them all!!)
Cheyenne is definitley loving the country life, she is hard to keep inside these days, I guess you could say the same for me too!


Check out that awesome sunset with my dog... isn't she just the coolest dog ever? No, seriously, my dog is way cooler than yours.
No wonder she gets ticks!!
Another wonderful sunset with Cheyenne!

3 comments:

  1. Dave,
    Enjoying the blog!! Love seeing all the progress take place. Miss you and Cheyenne!! Gracis says hello!!
    Check out the Facebook page "Fresh Eggs Daily". My friends page who has a hobby farm in Suffolk. She just hatched her first chicks!!
    Peace and Joy, Love and Light to you!!

    Kim and Ron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kim, Ron and Gracie!!

    Glad you are enjoying the blog! Miss you guys too! I will definitely check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr. Adair here. Have been enjoying watching the progress. Keep Cheyenne away from those ticks!

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate feedback! Thank you for reading!

~Big Dave!