Saturday, March 31, 2012

We shall call her done for now...

Big Dave's first standing building he ever built!
One heck of a lot of wood, and close to 23 pounds of different types of nails... and everything is done on the chicken coop... except I need to put in a chicken door under the window on the side, and I need to build steps going up to the door... But for what it is worth, the chicken coop is done and functional and ready for my baby chicks which will be here at the latest hopefully April 20th!!

I think I might build myself a house that looks like this!
Perches for the chickens to sleep on
I might add some more nesting boxes and perches later on pending on how any chickens we finally decide to get. When the weather grows colder, I will add little pieces of wood in-between to insulate and totally eliminate  possibilities of predators entering the coop through the cracks in the walls. But, today was a big project that I finally get to cross off my list. Now tomorrow and Sunday I am going to get back in the garden some more and see if I can rework it a bit to try to get some plants really growing for this season! At the very least though, I will have chickens!!
The nest box's
My two box turtle buddies that kept me company today

Once again, I don't go a day without seeing some crazy wildlife, and today was no different. Thought I heard a snake going through some leaves, so I went and investigated and found two Box turtles! See if you can find them in the picture! :)

And for those wondering, no I did not wuss out and throw away the snake, I am making a fire (for real this time) tomorrow afternoon... and its BBQ snake time!! Ill have pics for proof! :)

3 comments:

  1. Looks good, Dave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man!!! :) I'm still amazed that I did that. Not gonna lie, I had no idea that was going to turn out alright!

      Delete
  2. Big Dave,
    Following your adventures! Awesome!! Looking forward to your return trip. I've been seriously looking for land while you've been gone. I need a caretaker, so if you're still interested; finish up out there and get back here; North Carolina looking good! Take care,
    Ron and Kim

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate feedback! Thank you for reading!

~Big Dave!