Thursday, July 12, 2012

Finally done

Back of the house is a full window wall.
I started this project a while ago, then the major heat wave hit plus I had my trip, and needless to say, I stopped working on this for a while. Now that the temperature is tolerable, I decided to man up and get it done. Proud to say it is accomplished! Although this project did cost $6.23 in hinges, so I can't say it was COMPLETELY free, but darn near close! Stitch, who is in quarantine from the other chickens, was nice to have clucking around keeping me company, plus it is also cool to know that my dog has figured out that Chickens are not squeaky toys and they can co-exist in the same area!
Juliet checking out her new playhouse.
I think she likes it!
Window opening for fresh air.
Front door with re-purposed file cabinet handles
Other side of house... obviously
Open doors... come on in!
Little sitting area, nice shelf and a window!
My totally awesome shelf
Now just needs to be moved outside and maybe painted a bit. :)
Stitch eating away... but not really gaining too much weight
But she seems to be healthier!
Cheyenne was supposed to learn her lesson about messing with the wildlife. But found her trying to corner this little skink. I saved it though and re-told Cheyenne that no outdoor animal is a play toy. I really hope she listens to me!
Came across my first real Alligator Snapping Turtle! Glad it was me and not Cheyenne, she would obviously be missing her nose if she did! But always saw these creatures on Animal planet and magazines and was stoked to find one in real life... until it tried to bite me. All I was doing was trying to get it off the street!
The jerk was extremely pissed off when I tried to move him off the street. FYI- They have FAST jaws and long necks! I ended up dropping him on the ground because he almost took a chunk of my hand off... And I used to work with reptiles for a living, so that should mean something if I got a little scared. Way faster than your typical snapper or box turtle, and highly aggressive... not afraid to face you and take you on so to speak. Makes it kinda hard when all your trying to do is save its life!
Another awesome but lonely Arkansas sunset!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate feedback! Thank you for reading!

~Big Dave!