Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Independence Day!

Boy is it hot! Everyday for two weeks now and also for the next five days to come it has been at, or above, 100 degrees. With this heat, it kind of paralyzes my farm operations. If your outside for a few minutes, you lose (it seems) a gallon of water. I lost ten pounds in water weight within a few days of me being back on the farm... wish it was fat weight, but hey, Ill take what I can until I get dehydrated... which of course makes you start going crazy. For instance, I found my third scorpion... look below to see what I did with it. To put your minds at ease, it was near dead from the heat, so I wasn't too worried about it stinging me. lol, but the picture sure looks cool! The ground is turning from grass to dirt, and even the trees are drooping (and some have even died) from the local water table being so low from the drought on top of things. Right now just taking things one day at a time and seeing what tomorrow brings. We have a fire ban, plus a firework ban, and all of the local firework shows for tonight have been postponed until further notice... so this will be a lame 4th of July. 

For what it is worth. Happy Independence Day!!

Please remember what this country originally was, and even though we have gravely departed from our Constitution and the founding principles we started this great country with, I still believe in America. As much as I get depressed about our current state of National affairs, I truly believe in the core of American freedom and our ability to pull through the craziest of things in our history. I hope and pray that one day we will get back to where we started from, go back to our Constitution and run this country correctly the way our forefathers intended it to be. Until then, Ill put on my fake plastic smile and wave my flag... not for our current form of government though, but for the freedom of America and the awesome people that make up this great nation.

Hot days make even the most dessert creatures lethargic.. this little guy is now officially the third scorpion I have met this trip.
The heat has made me crazy to the point I stuck a potentially harmful Scorpion in my mouth!
Some of the Potatoes from the Potato Box that I dug up for my first real farm fresh meal!
All cooked up! "Spot" the chicken, Mashed potatoes from the garden, Corn on the cob from... the store... lol. And broccoli and rice! What a delicious meal!
What?... thought I stopped watching the sunset lately? Well, some nights its too hot and muggy, but some nights lately are still OK to chill outside and meditate.







Some sad times are coming to the farm. Gypsy, a dog that I didn't even like when I first got here, has grown on me and has turned into a wonderful friend. Unfortunately, lately she had a lot of issues come up all at once and the biggest of them all is that we found a mass growing on her heart. It has started to affect her quality of life and it is completely heartbreaking watching what once was a massive and powerful beast start to succumb to the harsh realities of getting old with sickness looming in her. Right now we are just giving her love and lots and lots of attention trying to help her with her transition to puppy heaven, which I predict will be sooner than later. :( I will miss her a lot when she is gone.

This is Gypsy. She isn't doing very well. She has a lump on her heart and is getting weaker by the day.

Its really sad, but everything comes to an end and the circle of life continues on. Today she has become weaker and we don't think she will be around much longer. We have some tough decisions ahead in the next few days. Please pray for this poor dog, and help her soul get to puppy dog heaven peacefully. :(



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate feedback! Thank you for reading!

~Big Dave!